Yes! Memorial Day is almost here and BBQ’s and deck parties will be inescapable. Everyone has their own favorite summer recipes and even though I know you do too, I would like to add another one to the bunch…picnic potato. This picnic potato salad is so good.
There is just enough boiled eggs so that folks are not complaining that their portion doesn’t have enough eggs. Also, since there is a fare share of eggs in this recipe, I thought that I would add some bacon too. Bacon and eggs is like peanut butter and jelly. Cookies and cream. Chocolate and peanut butter.
See, I knew you would be on board. Give it a try and see what you think. You may even want to eat it along side this barbecue chicken.
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes (washed well)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 4 strips cooked bacon (crumbled)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 bunch chopped scallions
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- a few pinches sea salt (for boiling)
- fresh dill as desired
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- Cover with water and boil with a few pinch of sea salt until fork tender
- Once potatoes are cool, add mayo, sour cream, mustard, scallions, remaining salt, paprika, pepper, bacon and eggs
- Mix well
- Garnish with fresh dill
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours (if you can wait), before serving.