Are you looking for a healthy holiday, potluck or everyday healthy side dish for your next meal? These roasted green beans and carrots are flavorful and super easy to make.
Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables. They are flavorful, versatile and pair along well with just about anything. When it comes to carrots, some of my favorite ways to enjoy them are with roasted chicken, in carrot soup or in carrot muffins.
What Makes This Roasted Green Beans and Carrots Recipe Healthy?
First off, carrots are packed with vitamin A and beta carotene which is great for eye sight. Vitamin is also pivotal for keeping the immune system healthy and for radiant skin.
Green beans are not only tasty but they are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Some of which include vitamin K, folate and are actually another good source of vitamin A. It’s like you’re getting a double dose of vitamin A here.
Other beneficial ingredients in this recipe include wild raw honey and herbs like thyme and parsley which have there own set of health benefits.
What to Serve with Roasted Carrots and Green Beans
This side goes well with just about anything.
How to Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in a airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Variations of Roasted Carrots and Green Beans to Try
You can switch the olive oil for lemon olive oil, garlic infused olive oil or even truffle olive oil. Try swapping maple syrup for honey. This recipe would also be good with different herbs like lemon thyme or even chives.
Ingredients in Roasted Carrots and Green Beans
- green beans
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- fresh cracked pepper
Tools to Use
vegetable peeler ( for ginger, and if you prefer to peel your carrots)
Directions for Roasted Carrots and Green Beans
- Start with clean carrots, stem side trimmed and rinsed, trimmed green beans.
- Cut in half and then lengthwise and then cut each piece again. For this dish I like to match the length of the carrots with the green beans
- Put honey, water, 1/2 of salt, vinegar, thyme, in a pot and bring to a low simmer for 10 minute mixing together with a whisk.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Put the vegetables on a sheet pan and drizzle olive oil over the mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Season with other half of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes depending on how well cooked you like them.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 lb green beans
- 3 tbsp oilve oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- fistful fresh thyme (stems removed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim green beans and snip tops of carrots
- Slice carrots in half and then lengthwise until they resemble the length and width of the green beans.
- Place honey, water, pepper flakes, (1/2 salt), ginger, vinegar and thyme in a pot.
- Heat on medium heat and whisk for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly mix in olive oil to the liquid.
- On a large sheet pan place carrots and green beans.
- Toss the vegetables in the liquid until well coated.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20- 25 minutes turning half way through.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
To get the most nutritional value from this recipe, source fresh organic ingredients whenever possible. Start with well washed carrots and you can skip peeling them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 139Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 435mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 2g
Nutrition information may not always be accurate.
Other Healthy Carrot Recipes to Try:
Like this recipe? Then be sure to download my free e-cookbook, “10 Easy Healthy Family Recipes Your Family Will Enjoy“.