I love sweet potatoes and don’t know many people that don’t. However, many sweet potato recipes are laden with butter, sugar and lots of fat…and all that’s not good for our bodies. So I set out to create a tastier, healthier sweet potato recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Flavors like rosemary and orange blend together perfectly in these rosemary sweet potatoes. The flavors are further complimented by the sweet and tart of sweetened and dried cranberries.
You can have these rosemary sweet potatoes any time of the year. Although most people enjoy making this recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
In fact, I can always tell when Thanksgiving is coming around because there’s an uptick of traffic to this post. If you want a delicious change this upcoming holiday try these sweet potatoes as a side and see what you think!
Are you looking for more Thanksgiving and holiday recipes? Try this homemade cranberry sauce. You’ll also be a fan of my recipe for roasted brussels sprouts, mini vegan pumpkin pie and spiced butternut squash bisque.
Give these healthy recipes for your next holiday or celebratory occasion a try!
- 5 sweet (medium) potatoes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2-4 sprigs fresh rosemary (stems removed)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 sea salt
- *1tbsp (salt-free) melted butter (equally divided)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- * Dairy free version: Can be substituted for coconut oil or olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put cranberries in orange juice and let soak for 30 minutes
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- To a large bowl, add cranberry-orange juice mixture along with maple syrup, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and rosemary and mix well
- Add olive oil and toss to coat potatoes
- Grease a 9x12 pan with half the melted butter. Reserve other half.
- Pour reaming butter over the sweet potatoes before placing in oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender-making sure to stir potatoes half-way through cooking.
- Garnish with fresh orange and rosemary as desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Other Sweet Potato Recipes:
Original November 2, 2013.
Updated 11/14/2018 & 10/14/2020