I love sweet potatoes and don’t know many people that don’t. However, many sweet potato recipes are laden with butter, sugar and lots of fat…and all that’s not good for our bodies. So I set out to create a tastier, healthier sweet potato recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Flavors like rosemary and orange blend together perfectly in this orange rosemary sweet potato recipe. That’s further complimented by the sweet and tart of sweetened and dried cranberries.
You can have this sweet orange rosemary sweet potatoes any time of the year. Although most readers enjoy making this recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
In fact, I can always tell when Thanksgiving is coming around because there’s an uptick in blog visitors at that time.
If you want a delicious change this upcoming holiday try this recipe for Orange Rosemary Sweet Potatoes.
Orange-Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
Sweet cranberries,rosemary and spice come together in a side that is a tasty winner
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2-4 sprigs fresh rosemary (stems removed)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1tbsp (salt-free) butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put cranberries in orange juice and let soak for 30 minutes
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- Add olive oil and toss to coat potatoes
- Add cranberry-orange juice mixture along with other ingredients and mix well
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender-making sure to stir potatoes half-way through cooking.
- Garnish with fresh orange and rosemary as desired
Give these healthy Thanksgiving recipes a try!
Original November 2, 2013. Updated 11/18/18