Try this recipe for roasted carrot ginger soup.Â It’s the perfect soup recipe to warm up with on a cool autumn, cold winter day or even a cool spring day.Â
Something amazing happened in my kitchen. I mean really… really… amazing. The best part is that it can happen in your kitchen too! My recipe for carrot ginger soup is easy enough for the novice cook but, still fancy enough for the person that knows their way around the kitchen. It’s the kind of fall soup recipe that you don’t have to make a fuss about. Just get the best quality ingredients to start and you won’t be disappointed. Kind of reminds me of the butternut squash bisque.Â Â I’m going to have to put that soup back into our meal rotation.
Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
Don’t mind the photos though. I was still learning my way around the camera but trust me that the butternut squash soup recipe is great too. Anyway, this carrot ginger soup is gluten free, vegan and is the kind of soup you can feel good about.
There is really minimal prep involved for this soup recipe. It’s a great as a starter or even or mainstay. I’ve found that once I have a large bowl and I am just stuffed and can’t eat anything else. So if you’re thinking about serving this as an appetizer, before dinner or on Thanksgiving day, use smaller bowls.Â
One of my absolute favorite things to do is cooking tasty homemade meals for my family. My hope is that your family enjoys this fall soup recipe as much as I loved creating it and we enjoyed eating it.
I highly recommend using a high powered food processor or blender to get the carrot ginger soup to perfect creamy consistency. I used a low powered appliance at first, and it just didn’t do the trick. The second time around, I used my Blendtec and what can I say? Pictures are are worth a thousand words.
Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
This is the perfect soup to warm up with on a cool autumn or winter day. It’s so easy to make that you won’t dare buy the packaged stuff again.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Cuisine: soup
- 2 pounds fresh carrots
- 1/2 large onion (sliced)
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 can coconut milk (13.5 can)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 bunch thyme
- *salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Trim tops off of carrot and place whole carrots on cookie sheet
- Add onions, thyme and celery
- Make sure that all vegetables have contact with the pan
- Drizzle with olive oil and roasted between 30-45 minutes until tender
- While vegetables are roasting, heat vegetable broth until hot on stove or in microwave (about 2 minutes)
- Remove vegetables from pan. Cut into smaller pieces if necessary and blend in food processor or blender, along with ginger while slowly adding the broth. If your high powered blender has a soup setting, please use it. That’ll give you a nice creamy soup at the end.Â
- Add coconut milk and continue to blend until creamy
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Original publish date: January 10th, 2016 Republished: 9/25/19