These homemade salmon balls are so delicious that you won’t ever want to buy them. Actually, I bought some from a organic market once and regretted it, so I went back to making my own. I’ve gone back and tweaked this recipe to make it gluten free using almond flour crackers. Oh my gosh, they are so delicious. Not only are these salmon balls delicious but, they are kids friendly too! I can always tell when I’ve hit a home run when my daughter asks for seconds and actually tells me, “You know…these are kids friendly”.
Not only are these baked salmon balls recipe kid friendly but they’re low carb and grain free too.
It’s the perfect finger food a party, for a simple dinner or your next holiday soiree.
Simple ingredients make the best meals so this recipe for baked salmon balls are not complicated at all. It’s a great recipe for seafood lovers and because of the meat texture, for meat eating friends.
I use wild canned salmon which is great healthy pantry staple. Also keep some canned salmon around for easy and healthy recipes like these, you won’t regret it.
The salmon balls are paired with a orange pineapple sauce that is a perfect compliment to this tasty dish. If you’re looking for more seafood recipes try this coconut curry shrimp recipe.
Baked Salmon Balls with Orange-Pineapple Glaze
These salmon balls make the perfect bite-sized snacks.
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 (10 balls) 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 2 cans (6oz) wild canned salmon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 scallion chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup almond flour crackers (finely ground)- divided
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- coconut oil spray
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain salmon and flake well.
- Add lemon juice, red pepper, cracked black pepper, mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, fish sauce and half of ground crackers to salmon
- Mix well
- Using a tablespoon, scoop salmon mixture out into palm and roll gently into balls
- Then roll salmon balls into remaining cracker crumbs
- Place on liberally sprayed cookie sheet (using coconut oil)
- Lightly spray tops of salmon with coconut oil spray
- Cook for 25 minutes turning half way through
- Remove from oven
- Place all ingredients into small pot on medium heat
- Stir gently and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid begins to thicken slightly and reduces by half
- Strain the liquid.
- Drizzle over salmon balls or serve alongside remaining sauce for dipping
Keywords: salmon balls, seafood balls, gluten free salmon balls
Original 01/30/2014 Updated 12/18