I love eggs. Boiled eggs were the first thing I learned how to cook. When I discovered deviled eggs, I was definitely hooked. Deviled eggs are like little vessels of goodness, in a small package and that’s exactly what this recipe for Chesapeake Crab and Avocado Deviled Eggs is.
The more I made these delicious eggs the more I ate them. Not to mention, they are ooh so creamy because of the avocado and the delicate crab on top is a perfect contrast.
This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser and will take your deviled eggs reputation up a couple notches…at least.
But don’t you dare take my word for it.
Give them a try!Print
Chesapeake Crab & Avocado Deviled Eggs
A tasty and deliciously creamy recipe for deviled eggs with fresh crabmeat that will have you asking for more
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasnoning
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- fresh crab meat to top eggs
- scallions and more Old Bay for garnish
- Put the eggs in one even layer in large pot
- Add just enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil on medium-high heat
- As soon as the eggs begin to boil cover the pot and let the eggs sit for about 20 minutes
- Drain the eggs and put in a bowl of cold water
- Peel each egg and evenly split in half
- Remove yolks from whites with a spoon
- Mash the yolks until smooth and add avocado and mayonnaise and mix until mostly smooth
- Add pepper, Old Bay and dry mustard and mix evenly
- Spoon heaping amounts into egg halves and top with crab meat, sprinkle scallions and dust with additional Old Bay as desired