Time and time again, one of the common questions I get from people trying to live healthier is about what to eat, especially in between meals and during snack time. I actually know a someone that has said that she eats’ healthy but, snacks “dirty”. That’s just sad because consistently snacking dirty is damaging.
There are lots of tasty options but, it just takes some investigating and taste testing to see which ones work best for you. Since grocery selections can be daunting, I put together a list of 21 healthy snacks to get you started on the right track. And don’t worry, you can purchase any of these items from the comfort of your home because they’re all available on Amazon.
- Coconut Chips Great on top of dairy free yogurt, applesauce.
- Bare Banana Chips These are dangerously good. Just one ingredient: bananas.
- Go Raw Sprouted Cookies
I tasted these for the first time “ on Facebook
- Plantain Chips So much easier than making your own.
- Peas Snacks It’s hard to tell these tasty snacks are made from peas.
- Roasted Almonds A staple.
- Kale Chips You can also make kale chips yourselves. Just add the nacho seasoning at the end.
- Edamame Crackers I didn’t even know they made these. We love edamame.
- Crispy Crunchy Broccoli Florets Yes, crunchy broccoli. Try it.
- Apple Sauce Who doesn’t love apple sauce? You can also make slow cooked apple sauce which are just or good or even better.
- Cacao Goji Vegan, raw superfood. If you buy it online, Amazon Prime also has auto-delivery available which adds a 5% savings every month. Plus, there’s a free 30 day trial. Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- Bare Apple Chips Again, just one ingredient: organic apples
- Just so you know, these sweet potato chips are all sorts of awesome.
- Pumpkin Seeds Great source for protein “on the go”.
- Siete Tortilla Chips There are several flavors to choose from.
- SO Delicious Diary Free Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative If you have any problems digesting dairy products, this yogurt could be a good fit.
- Once Again Creamy Almond Butter
It comes in squeezable packs too.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Dates Like everything else, enjoy in moderation. But, so good.
- Dark Chocolate Almonds The goodness of almonds and chocolate in one delicious snack.
- Sea Salt Popcorn So smart. So good.
- Justin’s Nut Butter Natural Hazelnut Spread It doesn’t exactly taste like Nutella but, it’s not supposed too. You can taste real flavors like cacao and hazelnut inside the jar. Pair it with fruit like strawberries or tart granny smith apples. Or just dive in with a spoon.
Besides these snacks being tasty and healthy, most are quite portable making them easy to take along while running errands, during travel and kids love them too. Not only that but, most of these healthy snacks are available through Amazon, which makes keeping snacks on hand easy.
Looking for more healthy snacks? Try these recipes:
Grain-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Original April 6, 2016
Updated April 2, 2019, August 1, 2021
Comments ( 0 )