Recently, for my mom’s birthday, we all hopped in the car and took a road trip to New York City. She was visiting, and since she had never been to NYC, it was the perfect time to take her to the city that never sleeps. On the latter, I’ve been to New York City several times but the truth is, in many ways I still feel like a first timer. We had just returned from the South of France, so we only had 2 days to plan.
Instead of stressing out, I figured a few attractions along with a Broadway play would do the trick. Thanks to complimentary tickets from New York City Pass, we received tickets to several state of the art New York City attractions like the Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Top of the Rock, Statue of Liberty and the 911 Memorial & Museum.
With only a day and a half for the visit, we didn’t even make a dent in half the attractions. My mom didn’t mind so I guess I’ll be holding onto those passes to use on our next trip.
We did however get to visit the Statue of Liberty. I’ve been before but, it was such an amazing experience to see “Lady Liberty” with the whole family. Both my mom and kids hadn’t visited before.
We also had the privilege to spend some time at the 9/11 Memorial.
But the highlight of the trip for me was taking mom to Broadway to see the Color Purple. The show was amazing. I can’t recommend it enough.
We topped that off with a trip to Juniors for some cheesecake, a walk through Times Square and a ride in a yellow cab. It was a true NYC experience.
Are you planning a trip to New York City? Here my insider tips for making your trip to NYC a success.
- Make sure to allot time to see the sites and the city. There is so much to see.
- Little legs will tire quickly from all the walking so plan routes accordingly or bring a stroller.
- If you have never been in a yellow cab, you’ve got to do it at least once for the novelty of it. After that, use public transportation or get an Uber! Parking is expensive.
- Use New York City Pass to get 40% off of six NYC attractions.
- Use some of these travel apps to help you plan your trip.
Comments ( 5 )
Looks like you had great weather, too! How awesome!!
Yes Kimberly. It was a summer trip and the weather was awesome.
You clearly had a great time !
Yes we did Etonde. It was jam packed but so much fun.