Are you looking for a great back-to-school lunch? This sandwich is a must try. It’s especially great if any of your kiddos have a peanut allergy.
I grew up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I mean who hasn’t? They are quick, easy to make, satisfying and certainly a majority favorite. With school back in full swing, it’s time to give the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich an upgrade. It’s the perfect gooey treat that packs well for a back-to-school lunch or even an after school snack. Not to mention, this version of the classic is full of nutrition.
And if your little one is allergic to peanuts, the use of almond butter in this sandwich is a definite plus.
2 slices Ezekiel or other favorite bread
*some butter for spreading on the outside of sandwich
Preheat table top grill or Panini press to medium heat
On the insides of bread: Spread one side of bread with almond butter and apple butter
On the other side of bread spread cream cheese and place desired amount of sliced bananas
Close sandwich and butter the outsides of bread (making sure to get all the corners)
Grill the sandwich for 1-2 minutes or until desired grilling is achieved
Cut and serve
*Serving suggestions: Apples slices and a cold glass of almond milkPrint
Grilled & Buttered Almond Apple Banana Sandwiches
A great sandwich for lunch or for an after school snack and it’s peanut-free.
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Sandwiches
- 2 slices of Ezekiel bread or other favorite bread
- almond butter
- apple butter
- cream cheese
- sliced bananas
- *some butter for spreading on the outside of the sandwich
- Preheat table top grill or panini press to medium heat
- On the insides of the bread: spread one side of the bread with almond butter and apple butter
- On the other side of bread spread cream cheese and place desired amount of sliced bananas
- Close sandwich and butter the outsides of bread (making sure to get all the corners)
- Grill the sandwich for 1-2 minutes or until desired grilling is achieved
- Cut and serve
- Serving suggestion: Apple slices and a cold glass of almond milk