It’s getting s bit chilly lately around here lately. Went out to enjoy some fall activities with the family this weekend and boy was I surprised by how quickly the weather had changed. This weather is for curling up on the couch and having a bowl of stew.
Not soup but stew. The hearty stuff that you can probably eat with a fork but you decide to use a spoon because…how else are you going to get all the good stuff on the bottom?
I heard a rumor that not everyone likes eggplant. That’s just a rumor right? Well, I guess you can tell what side of the fence I am on. This stuff is good. Try my recipe below.Print
Eggplant & Sausage Stew
This eggplant and sausage stew is not only tasty but perfect for chilly fall or winter day.
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Soup
- 1 medium eggplant (chopped)
- 2 natural sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chunky Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- Cook sausage, onions and garlic in large pot on medium heat for a few minutes until fat renders
- Add eggplant to pot and cook for a few minutes before adding the other ingredients
- Simmer the soup on medium low heat for about 45-60 minutes