Whether you call them strawberry chicken wings or strawberry hot wings, these sticky hot wings are the real deal.
The groom said that he doesn’t think that the pictures of these strawberry hot wings do them any justice. They are so tasty that you just have to try them for yourself. Bonus because these chicken wings are baked, not fried. But you won’t care because they’re yummy all the same.
I agree. Game day will never be the same! You may just want to skip ordering any wings and make these yourself. Bring on the Super Bowl! My main gripe with some hot wing recipes is that they tend to get soggy when loaded down with all the sauce. So bake these wings up and then add as much sauce to your liking.
So, here’s my secret to get the skin extra crispy. No soggy wings here. Thoroughly dry the wings with a paper towel before your season them. Then coat them with non-stick coconut oil spray.
If you’re not going to be tossing them right away, use a cooling rack like this one.
See, the wings out of the oven are nice and dry. You could just eat them straight out the oven but, don’t do that. Ok…maybe you can go ahead and taste one. But, you’ve got to coat them with the good stuff. So toss them in as little or as much of the strawberry barbecue sauce as you like.
That strawberry barbecue hot sauce is just delicious.
You can opt to dip these wings in ranch or blue cheese dressing but, I’m keeping things on the healthier side. So just carrots sticks or celery sticks will do it for me.
Finish these wings off with some scallions and the party has begun.
PS: You don’t even have to share if you don’t want to.
Where to Buy Chicken Wings
These barbecue strawberry wings have been a huge hit over the years. Here’s a tip about where to buy chicken wings to use in this strawberry chicken wings recipe without leaving your home.
Why leave your home when you can get party wings delivered to your door?
Perdue Farms sells party chicken wings that is delivered frozen solid and delivered safely to your door. They even have organic chicken wings too.
It’s such a convenient way to buy chicken. I’m hooked!
Ingredients in Strawberry Hot Wings
- chicken wings
- sea salt
- poultry seasoning
- barbecue sauce
- strawberry jam or strawberry preserves
- hot sauce (use your favorite)
How to Make Sticky Strawberry Barbecue Hot Wings
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Rinse and pat wings dry.
- Season with salt, paprika and poultry seasoning.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking oil spray.
- Place chicken wings on pan evenly spaced.
- Spray or brush the chicken wings with oil or cooking oil spray.
- Bake for one hour, turning half way in between.
- Finish under broiler for the last five minutes of cooking.
- While the chicken is in the broiler, simmer barbecue sauce, hot sauce and strawberry jam on low heat for about five minutes or until well combined.
- Remove wings from oven and toss in strawberry sauce as little or as much as you’d like.
- 2-3 pound chicken wings (separated from wing tip)
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp all purpose poultry seasoning
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/8 -1/4 cup hot sauce (according to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse and then dry wings thoroughly
- Season with salt, paprika and poultry seasoning
- Spray both sides of chicken wings with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for one hour turning half way in between.
- Finish under the broiler (on high) for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the broiler, simmer barbecue sauce, hot sauce and strawberry preserves on low heat for about 5 minutes or until well combined
- Remove wings from oven and generously toss in strawberry wing sauce
Amount Per Serving Calories 952Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 186mgSodium 2303mgCarbohydrates 72gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 39g
Get Great Deals on Premium Chicken for your recipesFREE Bonus Chicken Pack with orders over $99.99 through this link!
In the mood for chicken? Here are some more chicken recipes.
Need a drink to go alongside?
Other Gluten Free Game Day Food
Original post 1/24/16. Updated 1/19/19. Updated 2/11/23