These sticky strawberry barbecue hot wings are the real deal.
The groom said that he doesn’t think that the pictures of these hot wings do them any justice because, they are so tasty that you just have to try them for yourself.
Actually, I agree. Game day will never be the same so, you may just want to skip ordering any wings and make these yourself. Bring on the Superbowl! My main gripe with some hot wings are they tend to get soggy and loaded down with all the sauce.
So, here’s my secret to get the skin extra crispy. No soggy wings here. Thoroughly dry the wings with a paper towel before your season them. Then coat them with the non-stick spray and when they come out they’ll be nice and crispy.
See, the wings out of the oven are nice and dry. You could just eat them straight out the oven but, don’t do that. You’ve got to coat them with the good stuff. So toss them in as little or as much of the sauce as you like.
That strawberry barbecue hot sauce is just delicious.
Of course, no hot wings would be complete without a healthy dipping of ranch or blue cheese.
But, it’s your choice. I won’t pressure you.
My only request is that you try my recipe and that you enjoy!
You don’t even have to share if you don’t want to.Print
Sticky Strawberry Barbecue Hot Wings
Tired of the same old chicken wings? This recipe will be the last hot wing recipe that you will ever make. Includes a secret to keep them nice and crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 2-3 pound chicken wings (separated from wing tip)
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp all purpose poultry seasoning
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse and then dry wings thoroughly
- Season with salt, paprika and poultry seasoning
- Spray both sides of chicken wings with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for 50-60 minutes turning half way in between.
- While wings are cooking simmer barbecue sauce, hot sauce and strawberry preserves on low heat for about 5 minutes or until well combined
- Remove wings from oven and generously toss in strawberry wing sauce