Whether you call them strawberry chicken wings or strawberry hot wings, these sticky hot wings are the real deal.
The groom said that he doesn’t think that the pictures of these strawberry hot wings do them any justice because, they are so tasty that you just have to try them for yourself. Bonus because these chicken wings are baked, not fried. But you won’t care because they’re tasty all the same.
Actually, I agree. Game day will never be the same so, you may just want to skip ordering any wings and make these yourself. Bring on the Superbowl! My main gripe with some hot wings is that they tend to get soggy when loaded down with all the sauce.
So, here’s my secret to get the skin extra crispy. No soggy wings here. Thoroughly dry the wings with a paper towel before your season them. Then coat them with the non-stick coconut oil spray and when they come out they’ll be nice and crispy.
See, the wings out of the oven are nice and dry. You could just eat them straight out the oven but, don’t do that. You’ve got to coat them with the good stuff. So toss them in as little or as much of the strawberry barbecue sauce as you like.
That strawberry barbecue hot sauce is just delicious.
You can opt to dip these wings in ranch or blue cheese dressing but, I’m keeping things on the healthier side. So just carrots sticks or celery sticks will do it for me.
Finish these wings off with some scallions and the party has begun.
PS: You don’t even have to share if you don’t want to.
Where to Buy Chicken Wings
These barbecue strawberry wings have been a huge hit over the years. Here’s a tip about where to buy chicken wings from to use in this strawberry chicken wings recipe without leaving your home.
Perdue Farms sells chicken that is delivered frozen solid and delivered safely to your door. There are organic chicken wing options too!
It’s such a convenient way to buy chicken. I’m hooked!
Free shipping on orders over $119.
Original post 1/24/16. Updated 1/19/19. Updated 8/26/20
- 2-3 pound chicken wings (separated from wing tip)
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp all purpose poultry seasoning
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/8 -1/4 cup hot sauce (according to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse and then dry wings thoroughly
- Season with salt, paprika and poultry seasoning
- Spray both sides of chicken wings with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for 50-60 minutes turning half way in between.
- While wings are cooking simmer barbecue sauce, hot sauce and strawberry preserves on low heat for about 5 minutes or until well combined
- Remove wings from oven and generously toss in strawberry wing sauce
In the mood for chicken? Here are some more chicken recipes.