It’s getting cold outside but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have barbecue chicken. Oven barbecue chicken is a staple and favorite at my house. I usually make it quite simply with bottled BBQ sauce and nothing else. But, I really wanted to jazz things up a bit. So here is my recipe for Sweet Oven BBQ Chicken.
You can make your own BBQ sauce at home…but somehow I still haven’t manage to make my own yet. Ha!
This recipe calls for your favorite BBQ sauce, molasses, honey, ginger, cayenne and some other tasty ingredients. Maybe I should have named it “sugar and spice and everything nice”. That’s what this baked barbecue chicken is made of…
Either way, my guess is that you and your family are really going to enjoy this version of baked barbecue chicken. The best part is once you let it sit in the sauce overnight, all you have to do is pop it into the oven the next day and you are suddenly a dinnertime hero. So try my Sweet Oven Baked Chicken and tell me what you think.
- 10-12 drumsticks
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp wild honey
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning ( I like Goya)
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- *garnish: scallions
- The night before, rinse chicken and pat dry
- Cut a few slits into the chicken to allow the seasoning to permeate through
- Combine all ingredients with chicken in a large resealable bag and massage well
- Place inside refrigerator to cook the next day (minimum 8 hours)
- Next day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake oven for 45-60 minutes until brown