I have a recipe I’ve wanted to share with you for quite some time now. It’s called summer thyme blueberry lemonade or blueberry thyme lemonade. You read correctly. There is thyme in the lemonade. I know what you’re thinking? Thyme in lemonade? Isn’t thyme just for savory dishes? I’m pretty sure that I looked out in the backyard one day to discover that the thyme was taking over the planter. The rest as they say was history.
But the truth is, over the years, this blueberry thyme lemonade has developed quite the fan club. One sip and you’ll know why it’s right. It’s the perfect drink for a hot summer day.
You know I like to add a bit of extra flair to everything so besides tasting great, the lemonade is just pleasing to look at.
Of course it makes perfect sense to serve this over ice. Go for extra credit and chill the glass too.
My family looks forward to when I make this blueberry lemonade every year and yours will too.
You might as well start buying the lemons by the bag full right now. And don’t even think about buying bottled lemonade because after everyone tastes this recipe, no one will want it. Give this blueberry thyme lemonade a try and see what you think. You’ll be sipping on this all summer.
- 4-6 lemons
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- *garnish- blueberries, fresh lemons, thyme and sugar
- Gently crush rinsed berries (just enough that they burst) and add to a sauce pan with 1 cup water.
- Add thyme and sugar and simmer (medium low heat) for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat.
- To pitcher, add the juice of lemons (seeds removed) and blueberry sugar water.
- Add remaining water and stir along with vanilla.
- Let the lemonade steep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Garnish glass rims with sugar before pouring over ice. Use additional garnish of lemon wedges and more blueberries as desired.
After preparing this lemonade, it is recommended to let the lemonade steep for 30 minutes refrigerated before enjoying for maximum flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 29gProtein 1g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
Original June 1, 2015
Republished July 10, 2022