I have a recipe I’ve wanted to share with you for quite some time now. It’s called summer thyme blueberry lemonade. You read correctly. There is thyme in the lemonade. I know what you’re thinking? Thyme in lemonade? Isn’t thyme just for savory dishes? I’m pretty sure that I looked out in the backyard one day to discover that the thyme was taking over the planter. The rest as they say was history.
One taste of this lemonade and you’ll know why it’s right. It’s the perfect drink for a hot summer day.
You know I like to add a bit of extra flair to everything so besides tasting great, the lemonade is just pleasing to look at.
So give this blueberry lemonade a try and see what you think. You’ll be sipping on this all summer.
Summer-Thyme Blueberry Lemonade
A contemporary and tasty upgrade to classic lemonade with blueberries and fresh thyme.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Beverage
- 5 cups water
- 3–5 lemons depending on size of lemons (I used 4 small lemons for this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- fistful thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- *garnish- blueberries, fresh lemons, thyme and sugar
- Gently crush rinsed berries (just enough that they burst) and add to a sauce pan with 1 cup water
- Add thyme and sugar and simmer (medium low heat) for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat
- To pitcher, add the juice of lemons (seeds removed) and blueberry sugar water
- Add remaining water and stir along with vanilla.
- Let the lemonade steep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Garnish glass rims with sugar before pouring over ice. Use additional garnish of lemon wedges and more blueberries as desired.
Keywords: blueberry lemonade, thyme in lemonade, blueberry thyme lemonade
Original June 1, 2015
Republished July 1, 2019