You know what is good tasting, highly nutritious, cost conscious and incredibly easy to make? Eggs of course! And one of the most delicious ways to enjoy eggs is in egg salad. Try this simple egg salad recipe and see what you think.
One you master this egg salad recipe, you can use it in tea sandwiches, served on top of a salad or just straight from the bowl.
Egg salad goes well with watercress as well. During the summer months, egg salad is great to make because it doesn’t heat up the kitchen and can even be made ahead of time. This recipe is also perfect to enjoy for a summer picnic.
Ingredients in Egg Salad
- hard boiled eggs
- avocado oil mayo
- red onion
- green onions
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2.5 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel hard boiled eggs and mash with fork
- Add mayo, onions, paprika, salt and peppers
- Mix well.
- Let chill in refrigerator
- Garnish with greens or watercress.
- Serve greens, raw vegetables or gf crackers or bread for a healthful snack or meal.
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 283mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Original May 11, 2014. Updated June 14, 2022