We eat our fair share of kale around here. I mean, it’s listed permanently on my grocery list. One of the many kale recipes I love, the one that is requested time and time again is sautèed kale. I’ve shared this recipe with family, friends and really anyone that will listen.
Kale with Lemon
It almost seems silly to call it a recipe because it is so ridicously simply. I decided to add lemon for some extra pizzazz. But, with or without lemon this thing is a hit.
This side dish is a great addition to just about anything. So the next time you want to round out a meal, add some of my sautèed kale. Try it with breakfast, lunch or dinner. This thing is a hit!
Want to try another one of my kale recipes? Give my kale, sausage and lentil soup a try.
Sauteed Kale with Lemon
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 bunch chopped kale (rinsed really well)
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp regular olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 water
- 1/4-1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- juice of one small lemon wedge
- *Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic (about 30 seconds) in olive oil & butter in pre-heated pan on medium heat
- Add kale, onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper and water- adding kale in small batches until all has been added
- Cook covered, tossing intermittently until tender, about 10-15 minutes.