We eat our fair share of kale around here. I mean, it’s listed permanently on my grocery list. One of the many kale recipes I love, the one that is requested time and time again is sautèed kale. I’ve shared this recipe with family, friends and really anyone that will listen and of course taste.
Kale with Lemon
Sauteéd is so nutritious. Adding the lemon just makes it so much better. It almost seems silly to call it a recipe because it is so ridiculously simply. I decided to add lemon for some extra pizzazz. But, with or without lemon this kale recipe is a hit.
The side dish is a great addition to just about anything. So the next time you want to round out a meal, add some of my sautèed kale. Try it with breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Want to try another one of my kale recipes? Give my kale, sausage and lentil soup a try.
You don’t even need a dehydrator to make homemade kale chips. But if you already have one at home, feel free to give it a try.Print
Sauteed Kale with Lemon
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 bunch chopped kale (rinsed really well)
- 2–3 minced garlic cloves
- 1–2 tbsp regular olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 water
- 1/4–1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- juice of one small lemon wedge
- *Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic (about 30 seconds) in olive oil & butter in pre-heated pan on medium heat
- Add kale, onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper and water- adding kale in small batches until all has been added
- Cook covered, tossing intermittently until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
original pub. date: 6/1/14