If you are looking for a new recipe to jazz up your dinner routine, then these sausage and apple stuffed pork chops will do just that. Red apples, Johnsonville rolled sausage and tasty herbs come together deliciously in this dish. The flavors are just what you would expect in a fall dish.
As a part of sponsored post for Mom it Forward Network with Hillshire brands, I am sharing one of my utterly delicious recipes with you.
It was so easy to come up with a meal that would compliment Hillshire brand products. Not only that, there are easy downloadable coupons at Safeway J4U for the Jimmy Dean rolled sausage as well as other Hillshire products. Hillshire sausage is a quick and easy way to add protein to any meal.
Once you sign up for Safeway’s J4U, you will have access to great savings for Hillshire brand products like the one below and Jimmy Dean rolled sausage which I already redeemed to create this recipe:
This sausage and apple stuffed pork chops is pretty special and would be great for Sunday dinner. Print, pin and enjoy my recipe below.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pound the already thin boneless chops until 1/8 in. thin using a mallet. Saute onions, garlic and thyme for a few minutes. Add sausage, apples and simmer on medium low heat, covered for about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and add sage. Remove sausage filling from pan and return empty pan to heat. Line pork chops with spinach and then add filling to each pork chop (about 2 teaspoons).
Add to the saute pan. and brown on both sides.
Deglaze pan with chicken stock and apple juice mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Let meat rest for five minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
Once pork has been removed, simmer the remaining sauce about 10 minutes to reduce and pour over pork as desired.
Sausage & Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Requires twine and mallet. Note that not all the sausage stuffing is used in this recipe. There will be extra. You can use as a side or for another batch of chops
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Pork
- 1 lb thin cut pork chops (pounded to 1/8 inch with mallet)
- 1/2 package Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage
- 1 chopped apple
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3-5 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- (10-12) baby spinach leaves
- 2 sage leaves (torn)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On medium heat saute onions, garlic and thyme in olive oil
- Add sausage and apples and simmer covered for about 15 minutes and apples are soft
- Remove sausage from heat and add sage
- Season chops with salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning
- Line the pork chops with spinach
- Place about 2 teaspoons of sausage mixture on pork chop
- Roll and tie pork with butcher’s twine
- Saute pork chops on each side until brown
- Add apple juice and chicken broth to pan, scraping up brown bits
- Add butter
- Bake covered for about 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest before slicing
- Simmer remaining broth to top chops as desired. After simmering the sauce for about 10 minutes and it is reduced by half, it is ready to be enjoyed with the pork
- Serve with sides and vegetables of your choice. I love green beans.
Some other recipes using Hillshire brand products for you to try: