I love sweet potatoes and don’t know many people that don’t. However, many sweet potato recipes are laden with butter, sugar and lots of fat…and all that’s not good for our bodies. So I set out to create a tastier, healthier sweet potato recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating. Flavors like rosemary and orange blend together perfectly in these rosemary sweet potatoes. The flavors are further complimented by the sweet and tart of sweetened and dried cranberries.
You can have these rosemary sweet potatoes any time of the year. Although most people enjoy making this recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
In fact, I can always tell when Thanksgiving is coming around because there’s an uptick of traffic to this post. If you want a delicious change this upcoming holiday try these sweet potatoes as a side and see what you think!
Orange-Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
Sweet cranberries,rosemary and spice come together in a side that is a tasty winner
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 5 sweet (medium) potatoes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2–4 sprigs fresh rosemary (stems removed)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1tbsp (salt-free) melted butter (equally divided)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put cranberries in orange juice and let soak for 30 minutes
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- Add olive oil and toss to coat potatoes
- Grease a 9×12 pan with half the melted butter. Reserve other half.
- To a large bowl, add cranberry-orange juice mixture along with maple syrup, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and rosemary and mix well
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender-making sure to stir potatoes half-way through cooking.
- Garnish with fresh orange and rosemary as desired.
- Pour remaining butter over the top.
Give these healthy Thanksgiving recipes a try!
Original November 2, 2013. Updated 11/18/18
Other Sweet Potato Recipes: