I have to tell you something. You know how you’ve been looking for a chicken recipe where you can just throw it all in one pan, serve from that same pan and still feel like June Cleaver at the end? This is that recipe. It’s lemon herb chicken and from the pan to the plate you’ll want to say, “Winner, winner…chicken dinner”.
Now, before you start saying you don’t need another chicken recipe, hear me out. You need this chicken recipe. Besides, chicken and lemons go so nicely together.
Succulent. Delicious. Juicy. Need I say more? Depending on the time of year, you may even want to pair this one pan lemon herb chicken with some lemon-thyme lemonade.
Surely, you’ve already tried the grilled chicken pesto, curried chicken salad, baked barbecue chicken, strawberry barbecue hot wing recipes right?
If you’ll be having company over when you make the lemon chicken, be sure to put it in a pretty oven proof casserole dish from the beginning. That way you won’t have to transfer the chicken except for when it’s time to eat.
The skies the limit when it comes to what to serve with this. It would go well, with baked potatoes, rice, and of course steamed vegetables. If you’re going low carb then fluffy quinoa will do.
By the way, I’m saying that this recipe serves 6 but, that depends on how big the pieces chicken are and how hungry your family is. Everyone went back for seconds, so you decide.
The browning aspect is the most important part of this recipe. So take your time and don’t rush it. If you move the chicken too early, you’ll miss out on color and flavor.
Original 3/1/16 Updated: 3/4/19
Lemon Herb Chicken
This easy one pan lemon thyme chicken. Everyone will be be going back for seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (5–6 pieces, cleaned and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Goya adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (kept warm)
- 1 whole lemon (1/2 sliced, ½ juiced)
- 2 fistfuls fresh thyme (divided in two)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In large pan add canola oil and heat to medium setting.
- While oil is heating season chicken with salt, pepper, adobo and paprika.
- Brown chicken in hot pan skin side down, at medium high heat, flipping once.
- Remove chicken. Lower heat and add lemon juice and chicken broth to deglaze pan using a spatula to scrape up extra bits at bottom of pan.
- Add garlic, butter and 1/2 of thyme. Return chicken to pan.
- Top with lemon slices and other half of fresh thyme.
- Place covered pan in oven and cook an additional 20- 25 min or until juices run clear.
- Reserve juices from pan for serving over chicken.
Other chicken recipes that you’ll want to try:
Sweet Barbecue Chicken
Sweet and Spicy Strawberry Wings
Mango Chicken Wraps
Comments ( 7 )
I always need a new chicken recipe to try and I love a lemon-chicken combo! This is perfect for weeknights or for company – total win!
It sure is Kathryn. And one pot (easy clean-up), is always a plus.
Yum yum! Definitely a must pin, have a great day xo
Enjoy Jess. Thanks for stopping by.
Sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing!
If you have time, I would love for you to come and link up at the Really Crafty link party that is live right now! http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/03/welcome-to-the-really-crafty-link-party-11.html).
Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!