Around here I try not to play favorites but, homemade cranberry sauce is so good and easy to make, that there’s is no reason to mess with the canned stuff. I mean, there is no telling how long the cranberry sauce has been sitting in the can. If you are a cranberry sauce lover, then once you have tried homemade cranberry sauce you will never turn back.
My only gripe about cranberry sauce is that is contains so much sugar. But not this one doesn’t. You’ll appreciate flavors like vanilla, cinnamon and orange that compliment your Thanksgiving turkey dinner nicely. Make it the night before and then that’s one less thing you have to do on Thanksgiving.
Don’t worry if you don’t get around to it until Thanksgiving Day though, because this healthy cranberry sauce recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make.Print
Homemade Cranberry Sauce (Sugar-Free)
A homemade cranberry sauce will all the flavors you love without the sugar.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 (12oz) bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tbsp honey (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Zest of one orange
- Place washed cranberries in a medium pot, with orange juice, peel, cinnamon stick and vanilla on medium heat
- Listen for when the cranberries start to pop
- It takes about 5-10 minutes before all the cranberries burst and are ready
- Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate or enjoy right away