There is nothing better than noshing on some homemade pancakes and these chocolate chip pancakes certainly suit the bill. Of course they are sweet and chocolaty but, what you are really going to appreciate about these pancakes is how fluffy they are.
The kids will like a special weekend treat and no spouse ever complained about breakfast in bed. Although these chocolate chip pancakes could also just as easily be eaten for dessert.
By the way, these pancakes are so easy to make that you’ll want to make then all the time. Fortunately for you, along with this recipe is my first cooking video where I reveal my tips and tricks to get these chocolate chip pancakes just right.
or use this link: chocolate chip pancakes
Get the full recipe below.Print
Homemade Chocolate Chip Pancakes
A simple and tasty recipe for homemade chocolate chip pancakes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 egg white (beaten to soft peak~foamy)
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- coconut oil or other non stick cooking spray
- *Serve with maple syrup
- Pre-heat stove top griddle (greased lightly with non-stick spray) to medium low to medium heat
- Combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips and mix well
- Add milk, whole eggs and butter and stir until mostly smooth
- Fold in egg whites last, followed by chocolate chips
- Ladle onto griddle for about 1-2 minutes per side until brown
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream as desired