As we get back to routine, healthy breakfast ideas for school are key to helping kids stay focused and alert throughout the school year. Save time in the morning with these make ahead healthy school breakfast ideas that are low in sugar, keeps kids focused and are gluten and dairy free.
The problem with many breakfast recipes for kids is that they are loaded with with sugar, artificial colors and a whole lot of junk. Things get even more challenging when you consider some parents are looking for gluten free and dairy free options for their kids.
Highly processed refined foods, excess sugar, gluten and dairy have been linked to everything from asthma, seasonal allergies, eczema, hyperactivity and lack of focus. So whether your kids have food allergies or you just want to help them have the most healthy school year, these are the kinds of breakfasts you should make.
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes – These pancakes pack major flavor with spices like cinnamon, ginger and even allspice. Leave those other bland recipes pumpkin pancake recipes alone and try this one instead.
- Boiled Eggs – Boiled eggs are a great source of protein that helps to round out any breakfast.
- Delicious Paleo Carrot Muffins – These carrot muffins are both filling and nutritious.
- Creamy Almond Porridge – A warm and comforting breakfast on crisp mornings.
- Gluten Free Granola with Almond Milk – If your kids like cold cereal with milk, they’ll like this. Top it how ever you like.
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups – A quick and easy breakfast that is great for “breakfast on the run”
- 4-Ingredient Chia Pudding – This pudding is made with chia seeds, almond milk and fragrant vanilla. Store overnight for an easy grab and go breakfast or snack.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins -These gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins will easily become your new family favorite. You swap the chocolate chips for nuts too.