These turmeric ginger lemon shots are exactly what you need to jumpstart your immune system. Packed with vitamin C, antioxidants and a few healthy ingredients, this wellness shot is brimming with health benefits. Best of all, it only takes 5 minutes to make.
Whether you’re looking for a morning drink, an immunity boost or a solution for the cold and flu season, these wellness shots contain immune-boosting vitamins and will be a great addition to your wellness regimen.
Why This Turmeric Ginger Lemon Shot Recipe Works
This recipe works because it uses all natural organic superfoods and is pretty simple to make. The combination of powerful ingredients has antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory benefits and offers a significant boost to the immune system.
Additionally, this easy healthy recipe only contains a few ingredients and is pretty simple to make.
Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Lemon Shots
One of the advantages of this recipe is that there are so many powerful ingredients. They all work synergistically for maximum health benefits.
Turmeric – Turmeric is one of the most beneficial spices and is often used in ayurvedic medicine. What really makes the ingredient shine is the presence of curcumin, an active compound that contains potent anti-inflammatory benefits, acts as a powerful antioxidant and can even lower the risk of heart disease.
You can learn more about this potent ingredient in my book Be FINE: You Drug Free Prescription to Age Well, Beat Bulge and Stop Disease.
Fresh Ginger root – I always have fresh ginger on hand. I hope you do too. Ginger is another potent anti-inflammatory agent. The active compounds in ginger that makes it so powerful are gingerols, shogaols and paradols. Ginger is beneficial in treating everything from sore throats, joint pain and upset stomach. In addition. the regular consumption of ginger can help in keeping chronic inflammation away.
I also wrote more about the benefits of ginger in Be FINE.
Raw honey – Raw honey is chocked full of health benefits. As a result of honey’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it is used as a wound healing agent, cough suppressant and immune booster. Raw honey also works well in recipes like this fermented garlic honey.
Fresh lemon – Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C. The kick of lemon is an easy way to add a boost of energy to juice shots. I love using fresh lemon juice and lemon essential oils in recipes like:
Tools You Need
high speed blender – an easy way to extract turmeric juice and blend everything so that it’s evenly mixed.
fine mesh strainer – to remove any bits of peel or sediments after blending
What’s in These Homemade Ginger Shots
There are just a few ingredients in these homemade ginger shots, and they’re super powerful. (Full ingredient list, quantities and directions are listed in the recipe care further down the page).
- fresh turmeric root – You may already have turmeric powder in your pantry, but I highly recommend using fresh turmeric root instead. Using fresh turmeric root also gives this wellness shot a bright yellow color. If you like turmeric recipes, you’ll also like this golden chai latte.
- ginger root – Again, using freshly grated ginger is key. The ginger also gives the healthy drink recipe a bit more bite and spiciness. If you like ginger, you may also like my Caribbean ginger beer recipe.
- lemons – Fresh lemon juice add zing and freshness. You can also try substituting another citrus juice like fresh orange juice.
- raw honey – Has great health benefits, but also adds some sweetness.
- water – Without it, the lemon ginger turmeric shot recipe would be too strong. Also blending ginger and turmeric by themselves doesn’t create much juice.
- black pepper – As great as this recipe is, the absorption of turmeric by the intestinal walls is not without it’s challenges. As a result, adding a pinch of black pepper to any recipe that calls for turmeric is key. The black pepper, or piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, increases absorption of turmeric through the intestinal walls and allows easier uptake into the bloodstream.
How to Make This Ginger Shots Recipe
Step 1: Give ginger and turmeric a rough chop.
Step 2: Place ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, raw honey, water and black pepper in a high speed blender.
Step 3: Pour the ingredients into a fine mesh sleeve over individual shot glasses.
Step 4: Press leftover pulp to remove any extra juice.
Step 5: Drink right after blending for maximum potency and absorption.
Coconut water – Swap out coconut water for water to make turmeric ginger lemon energy shots.
Orange juice – You can use orange juice or ant other citrus juice you’d like. If you do decide to use orange juice instead of lemon juice, skip the honey.
Maple syrup – Try using organic maple syrup instead of honey for a deeper flavor.
How to Store Leftover Wellness Shots
Store any leftover turmeric ginger lemon shots in ice cube trays. Once frozen, remove from molds and place in a freezer safe bag. Store for up to 3 months.
How to Thaw Wellness Shots
If you don’t plan to drink these wellness shots right away, you can freeze them, using the method mentioned above. To make sure that you get the most nutritional bang for your buck, please do not microwave.
Instead, thaw the frozen cubes in a bowl on the countertop a few hours before you intent to drink it. Alternatively, you can place them in the refrigerator the night before.
When to Take Immunity Drink Shots
Take these shots on an empty stomach for better nutrient absorption. For that reason you can take these lemon ginger turmeric shots before breakfast or in between meals.
Can You Make A Turmeric Ginger Lemon Shot With Turmeric Powder
While you can make these shots with turmeric powder, it’s not my first choice for a making a wellness shot. Here’s why. Turmeric, like other spices contains essential oils as well as active compounds. This is what makes it so beneficial.
These constituents tend to lose their potency the longer they are exposed to air. This doesn’t mean that turmeric powder doesn’t have a place, it just means that in recipes like wellness shots (where every ingredient is chosen to optimize health), fresh turmeric is a better choice.
- 1/3 cup fresh ginger root (roughly chopped)
- 3 inches fresh turmeric (roughly chopped)
- 2 lemons (juiced, seeds removed)
- 1.2 cup water
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Place roughly chopped ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, water and raw honey in a high speed blender.
- Blend at high speed.
- Pour into a strainer, pressing pulp to remove extra juice.
- Drink reserve juice right away or freeze using ice cube trays for up t0 3 months.
Make right before consuming for best nutritional benefits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 56Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 1g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
Other Posts You May Also Like
Turmeric Ginger Lemon Shots Video
If you’re tired of getting sick be sure to buy my new book, Be FINE: Your Drug Free Prescription to Age Well, Beat Bulge and Stop Disease . Includes over 40 wellness recipes!