I whipped this up other day and it was so delicious that I had to share. I did not invent the idea of Curried Chicken Salad but, this recipe is a Domestic Life Stylist recipe. If you have been a reader here for a while then you already know that the recipes that I put on this blog are all my own. If I am trying someone else’s recipe, I will be sure to let you know. 🙂 If you like fruit in your chicken salad, you can try adding grapes or dried cranberries to this. It’s yummy either way.
Curried Chicken Salad
A simple chicken salad that can be made any day of the week
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Salad
- For chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs (about 2 lbs- skin and fat removed)
- 3 cups water or chicken broth(or enough liquid to cover chicken)
- 1/2 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- handful fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup glazed nuts
- For Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/3 cup celery hearts (diced)
- 1/2 green grapes (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp scallions (chopped)
- *fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put chicken in pan covered in water
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, thyme garlic
- Cook chicken for about 60-70min until cooked through
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Let cool in refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- In separate bowl, add mayo, curry, celery, chives and black pepper
- Stir to combine with cooled chicken
- Let mixture set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to peak and “marry”
Serve on top of greens as a salad or with you favorite bread as a sandwich as desired.
Keywords: curry chicken salad, curry salad with grapes
Comments ( 13 )
Sounds so yummy! I love curry!
And even better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
Looks so good.
I would love for you to link up this – and any other salad recipes – at the Empty Your Archive link party. We have a special focus this week on salads, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x<
Oh my goodness. This looks seriously good. I haven’t had curried chicken salad in years!
Esther, the warmer weather months are a great time to put it back in your meal planning rotation.
Mel Lockcuff (@MamaBuzz)
Looks delicious! Love chicken salad on a warm summer evening. Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!
This looks delish!! I’ve never had curry anything, I’ll have to try this!
Oh my, well allow me to inject some “island flavor” into your life. 🙂
Lauren @ Mom Home Guide
Hi! This looks great! Do you think it would work with chicken breast, or is it better with chicken thighs? I might make this and put it over salad — this dish would work well with my husband’s no red meat, no carbs diet. Thanks for posting!
Definitely! The cooking time will be slightly less but still delicious all the same.
Lauren @ Mom Home Guide
Good to hear! I am glad that the recipe can be made with chicken breast, too.