I love eggs. Boiled eggs were the first thing I learned how to cook. When I discovered deviled eggs, I was definitely hooked. Deviled eggs are like little vessels of goodness in a small packages. That’s exactly what this recipe for Maryland Deviled Eggs with Crab and Avocado is.
The more I made these delicious eggs the more I ate them. Not to mention, they are ooh so creamy because of the avocado and the delicate crab on top is a perfect contrast.
This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser and will take your deviled eggs reputation up a couple notches…at least. Not to mention…there’s little ingredient called, Maryland crab that are in these beauties.
It just takes the deviled eggs to a whole other level. But don’t take my word for it. These Maryland style crab and avocado deviled eggs are great for picnics, parties, baby showers and holiday occasions like Easter and Mother’s Day. These will be the best stuffed eggs or deviled eggs that you’ve ever had.
Give them a try!
- Put the eggs in one even layer in large pot
- Add just enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil on medium-high heat
- As soon as the eggs begin to boil cover the pot and let the eggs sit for about 20 minutes
- Drain the eggs and put in a bowl of cold water
- Peel each egg and evenly split in half
- Remove yolks from whites with a spoon
- Mash the yolks until smooth and add avocado and mayonnaise and mix until mostly smooth
- Add pepper, Old Bay and dry mustard and mix evenly
- Spoon heaping amounts into egg halves and top with crab meat, sprinkle scallions and dust with additional Old Bay as desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you like what you see? Be sure to follow me on Instagram for recipes and wellness living on the daily.
Original: 3/25/2015. Updated 5/21/20