If you haven’t figured it out just yet I love to eat and I enjoy eating healthfully too. One of my favorite versatile healthy foods is quinoa. If you want to try mixing things up for breakfast, try making this breakfast quinoa with fruit and maple. It’s filling and oh so delicious.
If you’re tried of eating the same old things for breakfast, I have a tasty way to change things up. You can use any quinoa if have on hand, but I used red quinoa in this recipe. The ingredients are simple, clean and oh so delicious.
This breakfast quinoa recipe is made with blueberries, bananas, maple syrup and walnuts. Once you get the basic recipe down you can customize it any way you like.
Health Benefits of Breakfast Quinoa with Fruit and Maple
Quinoa is powerful plant based protein packing in 8 grams of protein for every cup cooked. Walnuts (also known as brain food), are packed with omega 3-s for brain nourishment. Blueberries are packed with disease fighting antioxidants and bananas are filled with heart healthy potassium.
In every which way, you just can’t go wrong with having quinoa for breakfast. Try the recipe below.
- 1 cup red quinoa cooked
- 2 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- sliced bananas, blueberries and chopped walnuts
- Bring milk almost to a boil on medium heat (uncovered)
- Add quinoa, cinnamon and vanilla
- Stir well and reduce from heat
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is soft
- Pour into serving bowls and top with bananas, fruit and walnuts
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve with additional milk as desired.
Other healthy quinoa recipes:
Original: January 16, 2014: Updated January 5, 2022