If you haven’t figured it out just yet I love to eat. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I am eating “bad” foods. I like to mix up. One day you may catch me eating a maple glazed gf donuts and the other cooked quinoa with a drizzle of maple. I try to make healthy and real food choices and least 90 percent of the time.
That brings me to this breakfast quinoa. We eat quinoa quite a bit.
This particular breakfast quinoa has fruit, maple syrup and walnuts. Have you ever had quinoa for breakfast?
Breakfast Quinoa with Fruit & Maple
A healthy and tasty start, this breakfast quinoa recipe is simply delicious
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup red quinoa (rinsed & drained)
- 2 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sliced bananas, blueberries and chopped walnuts
- * Serve with additional milk and maple syrup as desired.
- Bring milk almost to a boil on medium heat (uncovered)
- Add quinoa, cinnamon and vanilla
- Stir well and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is soft
- Pour into serving bowls and top with bananas, blueberries and walnuts
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve with additional milk as desired.