Is an impending snowstorm or snowday coming your way? Don’t worry. This list will give you lots to do so that you’re not bored to tears once it hits. Here are 31 things to do during a snowstorm.
- Organize your closet.
- Bake cookies.
- Polish your nails.
- Have a tea party.
- Watch movies.
- Make some popcorn to go along with your movie.
- Build a Snowman.
- Clean Your Email Inbox.
- Do something fun with your photos.
- Organize the kids’ toys.
- Make snow ice cream.
- Go sledding.
- Finish or start the book you’ve always been meaning to read. These books are a great place to start.
- Start writing the book that you’ve always been meaning to write.
- Make a snow day playlist.
- Use leftover crayons to make colorful snowflakes.
- Make a satisfying bowl of carrot ginger soup.
- Let the kids take a fun bubble bath.
- Make chicken soup.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Play old school board games.
- Watch old family videos.
- Take pretty snow day pictures.
- Find someone new to follow on Instagram
- Check and delete old voice mails.
- Have a good old fashioned phone call with a friend or your mom.
- Make hot chocolate.
- Clean and organize your pantry.
- Catch up on DVR’d and Netflix shows.
- Read 7 Health Mistakes that Every Mom Makes
Originally published March 17, 2017. Updated 2/2019
Frozen is a fun family movie that everyone will enjoy.
How many emails do you have in your inbox? Never mind. I’ve got some cleaning up to do too.
Put toys in a toss, keep or donate pile. The ones you plan to keep, develop a system to organize them like this one.