Oh yeah…it’s time to officially put the first cookie recipe on the blog. And it’s a great one. It’s about time right? It all started this afternoon when I was craving something sweet. Since we’ve been avoiding wheat lately, I knew that this could be a challenge. Inspired by this gluten-free chocolate chip recipe, I went for it.
I secretly thought it probably wasn’t a good idea to test out a new cookie recipe while the kids were at home because what if the recipe bombed?
What if no one liked it? But guess what?
The Chocolate Coco Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe was a hit. In fact it was sort of hard to get photos of the cookies without hands interfering.
OK…I’m guilty as well.
If I didn’t mention it, you probably wouldn’t know that there was no flour in this recipe. The princess said, “I can’t believe that these are glutton- free cookies!”. At that point we had a quick lesson about the difference between the word gluten and glutton. So no…they are not glutton free. Actually, you may want to have more than one because they are just that good.
Besides the fact that these cookies are just packed with chocolate flavor, I just love the texture. They are lightly crispy on the outside and chewy almost brownie-like on the inside.
So for these Chocolate Coco Chocolate Chip cookies, you’ll need a few special ingredients. So I’ll list them here:
You can use any chocolate chips you like, but if allergies or food intolerances are a concern, I recommend Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 cup confectioner's or powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 egg whites (well beaten)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry until thoroughly incorporated
- Place cookie dough by tablespoonfuls on parchment sheet lined cookies sheets and gently spread in circular motion with spoon
- Bake for 10 minutes