I’ve got a recipe I’ve wanted to share with you for quite some time now. I call it, Summerthyme Blueberry Lemonade. Nope. That’s not a typo in the spelling of summerthyme. There is thyme in the lemonade. I know what you’re thinking? Thyme in lemonade? Isn’t thyme just for savory dishes?
One taste of this lemonade and you’ll know why it’s right.
You know I like to add a bit of finesse and style to everything so besides tasting great, the lemonade is just pleasing to look at.
So give this blueberry lemonade a try and see what you think. I’ll be sipping on this all summer.
- 5 cups water
- 3-5 lemons depending on size of lemons (I used 4 small lemons for this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- fistful thyme
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- *garnish- blueberries, lemons, thyme and sugar
- Gently crush rinsed berries (just enough that they burst) and add to a sauce pan with 1 cup water
- Add thyme and sugar and simmer (medium low heat) for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved and remove from heat
- To pitcher, add the juice of lemons (seeds removed) and blueberry sugar water
- Add remaining water and stir along with vanilla.
- Let the lemonade steep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Garnish with sugar rimmed glasses, lemon wedges and additional blueberries as desired