Summer is the perfect opportunity to devour salads. Fresh seasonal produce comes together delectably in so many combinations. Today it’s wild tuna, fresh summer corn and purple cabbage. This is not one of those salads doused in dressing either. I decided to let each ingredient kind of stand apart in it’s delicious simplicity and just be.
Sesame Crusted Tuna with Asian Cabbage Corn Slaw
It’s rather simple really how this salad comes together. Oven roasting the corn brings out the natural sweetness in the corn and a touch of honey just keeps it there.
Why don’t you try this salad for yourself and see what you think. Fresh summer in a plate is waiting.
- 1 lb wild Tuna
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/3 head shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
- 3 gloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp wok oil or other oil with high smoking temp
- 3-4 chopped scallions
- sesame seeds
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast corn for about 30 minutes.
- While the corn is roasting mix together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger and honey in a bowl
- Pour oven tuna in a plastic baggie an let sit for about 15-20 minutes
- While the tuna is marinating, add cabbage, sesame oil, scallions, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix well
- Let the salad sit while the corn is roasting
- Cut corn off the cob and add to salad
- Once tuna is marinated, preheat a grill pan and add wok oil
- In separate plate pour out desired amount of sesame seeds to coat tuna
- Press each side of tuna into sesame seeds to coat each side of the fish
- Cook tuna until desired doneness (1-5 minutes) turning half way through
- Serve tuna on top the bed of Asian cabbage corn slaw.